BY LAURA REGEPUBLISHED: JUL 20, 2022
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp. yellow or honey mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. bread-and-butter pickle juice, plus sliced pickles for serving
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 lightly toasted potato rolls
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes, for serving
- Step 1 Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season all over with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Step 2 In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, mustard, pickle juice, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne until combined. Place bread crumbs and flour in separate shallow bowls.
- Step 3 Dip one chicken cutlet into flour, shaking off any excess. Dip chicken into egg mixture, letting any excess drip off. Coat chicken in bread crumbs, gently pressing to adhere. Transfer breaded cutlet to a plate.
- Step 4 Generously coat an air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches, arrange 2 cutlets in a single layer in basket. Generously spray chicken with cooking spray until evenly coated. Cook at 400º, flipping halfway through and generously spraying second side with cooking spray, until breading is golden brown and chicken is just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Arrange chicken on bottom bun. Layer lettuce, tomato, and pickles over chicken. Spread top bun with mustard and close sandwich.
This recipe comes from our friends at Delish (original recipe linked below)
Best Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich Recipe – How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich (delish.com)